A variety of compromises were offered to simply delay certain portions and make it less painful on the population. The answer from the senate and the administration was to play hardball, no negotiation whatsoever, which led to the shutdown.
So where are we now? 5,000,000 people that have become “magically” uninsured with no chance of regaining insurance in the near future.
Now, the “we will not negotiate” bomb-throwers in the senate that used vile hate mongering to defend a political position are now saying the exact same things that was being said by those trying to avoid the disaster in the first place.
By Dan Gilbert
- Ted Cruz: ‘Majority Leader Reid And Every Single Senate Democrat Voted To Shut Down The Government’ (Video) (nicedeb.wordpress.com)
- Is Obamacare in trouble? Yes. (pullingtotheleft.wordpress.com)
- America: Obamacare (inspirationalchristiansfortoday.com)
- Government Shutdown Looms (kdrv.com)
- Senate votes to keep its Obamacare exemption (wnd.com)