It is hard to imagine an administration that is so corrupt, so incompetent, so dishonest, and so intent on getting re-elected at any cost than Obama’s! Obama is spending $4 million to vacation in Hawaii ( and yes, Michelle is travelling on a separate flight with her entourage), while still pushing his class-warfare mantra of “tax the rich). Again, I ask the same old question. What gives liberals the right to steal from those who have worked hard and succeeded and give it to those have not; at least without first doing all it can to rein in wasteful government spending?
What wasteful spending you might ask? Well, here are a few examples of the financial fiasco that is Barack Obama’s administration.
- The U.S. gave China $17.8 million for economic development and social services. Of course, we first borrowed the money from China. So we are paying interest on money we borrowed from China to give to China? Even you liberals ought to see the stupidity in that transaction.
That should be enough by itself, but here are a few more:
- $100,000 to fund a study of why chimpanzees fling their feces (maybe because they can … Duh!).
- $10 million was spent to produce a version of Sesame Street for Pakistan (Why?).
- $75,000 to promote awareness about the role Michigan plays in producing Christmas trees & poinsettias (Just don’t display any of them on public property … you may get arrested).
- $15.3 million for one of the infamous Bridges to Nowhere in Alaska (No wonder Sarah resigned as governor!).
- $113,227 for a video game preserve in New York (I was unaware video games were endangered).
- $35 million for political party conventions in 2012.
- $550,000 for a documentary about how rock music contributed to the collapse of the Soviet Union.
- $48,700 for the 2nd annual Hawaii Chocolate Festival to promote Hawaii’s chocolate industry (The government has to convince people to by their chocolate … must be pretty bad chocolate!).
- $350,000 to support an International Art Exhibition in Venice, Italy (Great, but not their job.)
- $765,825 to study how college students use mobile devices for social networking (Really?)
And my personal fav:
- $765,828 to subsidize “pancakes for yuppies” in the nation’s capital (Can you say “blatant vote buying?” I knew you could!).
As long as Obama, Pelosi, Biden, and Reid are wasting (oops … my bad; spending) taxpayer money like this … they have no justification to raise taxes on anybody!!!
On a side note:
We finally have peace in Iraq thanks to the brilliant leadership of our Messiah and peerless leader, the 4th greatest president in the history of our nation, Barack Obama. The troops are home and all is well. Except we just created a power vacuum in Iraq that Iran will be extremely happy to fill.
A clue for the clueless: This morning, a series of coordinated bomb explosions in Baghdad killed at least 63 and injured perhaps 185 more. These were car bombs and improvised explosive devices (IEDs).
This morning’s carnage is clearly an effort by radical Islamists backed by Iran (who manufactures most of the IDEs by the way) to destabilize and overturn Iraq’s fragile democratic government. Iraq’s fragile democracy is on its own; now only protected by a fledgling national security force.
Why? Because Obama, in a move coldly calculated to increase his ratings in the polls and help his re-election bid at the cost of Iraq’s new government and the lives of American service men who died there, … rushed to bring the “troops home for Christmas.” Of course, the liberal spin doctors and their media lackeys are proclaiming it a U.S. victory and praising Obama for his courage and leadership. A whole slew of pompous ceremonies have been planned to celebrate the “end” of the war.
In a calculated, twisted sort of way, it was a brilliant political move. I mean, everyone wants the troops home … don’t they! But I predict that the premature withdrawal of American forces from Iraq will lead to many, many more deaths and much more destruction down the road. Just wait and see …
- Poll: Big support for Obama on Iraq (politico.com)
- Obama to mark end of Iraq war (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Ending the War in Iraq (indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com)
- CNN Poll: Americans agree on bringing troops home from Iraq (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Senator Tom Coburn’s 2011 Wastebook – 100 Most Wasteful Federal Programs (pumabydesign001.wordpress.com)
- Critics Blast Obama’s $4 Million Dollar Vacation (newsy.com)
- CBS Giving Barack Obama Cover? (markamerica.com)