Just Who Exactly Is Barack Obama?
Barack Hussein Obama is the front running democratic U. S. presidential candidate, and people should know more about him if they are going to vote for him. Some claim that he answers those questions in his book, Dreams From My Father, but the facts don’t necessarily seem to fit what he so eloquently wrote in his book.
Barack Obama, was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, to Barack Hussein Obama, Sr., a Black Muslim from Nyangoma-Kogel, Kenya and Ann Dunham, a white “spiritual” athiest from Wichita, Kansas.
Barack Obama’s grandfather was Hussein Onyango Obama. He was born about 1895 and died in 1979. He was a prominent and wealthy farmer. Obama’s grandfather lived for a time in Zanzibar, where he converted from Christianity to Islam. He was one of the first Muslim converts in his village.
Obama’s grandfather, for whom he was given the middle name, Hussein, was “fiercely devoted to Islam,” and had at least 3 wives: Helima, who had no children, Akuma who gave birth to Sarah Obama, Barack Hussein Obama, Sr. and Auma Obama.
“What your grandfather respected was strength — discipline.” Obama quoted his grandmother as telling him. “This is also why he rejected the Christian religion.” “He could not understand such ideas as mercy towards your enemies, or that this man Jesus could wash away a man’s sins.” “To your grandfather, this was foolish sentiment, something to comfort women,” she added. “And so he converted to Islam … he thought its practices conformed more closely to his beliefs.”
Obama’s grandfather’s third wife, Sarah, is the one often referred to by Obama as his “grandmother,” and she is a lifelong Muslim. “I am a strong believer of the Islamic faith,” she says.
His parents divorced when Barack Obama was two years old.
Barack’s father eventually returned to Kenya. Obama’s mother then married Lolo Soetoro Mangunharjo, who is an official of the Director General’s office in the TNI Topography division of the Indonesian Army and who later became an oil company executive. Lolo Soetoro, a Muslim, promptly moved his new family to Jakarta, Indonesia, the world’s most populous Muslim country.
In his book Dreams From My Father, Obama writes, “Like many Indonesians, Lolo followed a brand of Islam that could make room for the remnants of more ancient animist and Hindu faiths.” However, this does not seem to ring true when you look at the big picture..
Lolo and Anna will have one daughter, Obama’s stepsister Maya Soetoro-Ng. It is she who places Obama in Jakarta, Indonesia, from 1968 through 1973.
Obama takes great pains to argue against the claim that he is a Muslim. He is quick to point out that, though he was once a Muslim, he also attended a Catholic school.
Given the current War on Terror, and attacks by fanatical Muslims on America and the Western world, it would not be surprising, Obama would deny being a Muslim. In this country, it is politically expedient to be a Christian when seeking a major public office in the United States. Therefore, that Barack Obama would deny his Muslim past is not surprising. Is it possible that Barack Hussein Obama joined the Trinity United Church of Christ in an attempt to downplay his Muslim background?
It is important to keep in mind that when he was sworn into office he DID NOT use the Holy Bible, but instead the Koran.
However, Barack Obama’s family connections to Islam do certainly exist, and cannot be honestly denied. For example, his brother Roy opted for Islam over Christianity, as Obama admitted while describing his 1992 wedding.
“The person who made me proudest of all,” Obama wrote, “was Roy. Actually, now we call him Abongo, his Luo name, for two years ago he decided to reassert his African heritage. He converted to Islam, and has sworn off pork and tobacco and alcohol.”
Abongo “Roy” Obama is a Luo activist and a militant Muslim who argues that the black man must “liberate himself from the poisoning influences of European culture.” He urges his younger brother, Obama, to likewise embrace his African heritage.
On the 27th, Raila Odinga, Obama’s first cousin, lost the presidential election in Kenya.
Obama and Odinga share the same Luo heritage and history, and this has made it possible for them to share the limelight during this defining moment in both Kenyan and American history.
Raila Odinga, who is Obama’s first cousin, has, in his own words, a “close personal friendship” with Obama. When Obama went to Kenya in August of 2006, he was hosted by Raila and spoke in praise of him at several rallies in Nairobi. Obama’s bias for his fellow Luo was so blatant that a Kenya government spokesman denounced Obama during his visit as Raila’s “stooge.”
When Raila Odinga lost the presidential election to Mwai Kibaki, he claimed the vote was rigged. His tribal followers went on murderous rampages, such as in the one in the town of Eldoret, where on New Years Day, dozens of Christians were burned to death in a church that was set on fire. Throughout Kenya, hundreds of people have been recently murdered for “political” reasons.
This is the guy … the first cousin … who Barack Obama campaigned for … and who made a deal to install an Islamic government in Kenya.
Islam had picked Raila Obinga, Barack Obama’s cousin, to win.
The Evangelical Alliance of Kenya has posted on its website a photograph copy of a Memorandum of Understanding, dated and signed on August 29, 2007, between Raila Odinga and Shiekh Abdullah Abdi, chairman of the National Muslim Leaders Forum of Kenya.
Here is a summary on the agreement that was signed:
- It pledges the support of Kenyan Moslems for Raila’s election. In return, as President of Kenya, Raila agrees to 14 actions, listed a) through n) on page two.
- Within 6 months re-write the Constitution of Kenya to recognize Shariah as the only true law sanctioned by the Holy Quran for Muslim declared regions.
- Within one year facilitate the establishment of a Shariah court in every Kenyan divisional headquarters. [Note: everywhere in Kenya, not just in “Muslim declared regions.”]
- Popularize Islam, the only true religion… by ordering every primary school in Kenya in the regions to conduct daily Madrassa classes.
- Impose a total ban on open-air gospel crusades by worshippers of the cross…
- Outlaw gospel programs… on KBC, the National Broadcaster.
- Impose a total ban on the public consumption of alcoholic beverages…
- Impose an immediate ban on women’s public dressing styles that are considered immoral and offensive to the Muslim faith…
Obama’s involvement in Kenyan politics, whether tribal or religious, is bothersome.
Barack Obama will NOT recite the Pledge of Allegiance nor will he show any reverence for our flag.
Does this not seem strange? After all, is this not the flag of the country that he wants to be president of? While others, even Hillary Clinton, place their hands over their hearts, Obama turns his back to the flag and slouches.
If Barack Obama is elected as President of the United States, Americans should be ashamed of themselves!
It is interesting to me that during this campaign, the press has made so much of Mitt Romney’s Mormon faith, yet while we hear so little about Barack Obama’s faith … beyond of the questionable denials of his being Muslim.
Barack Obama refutes claims he is a Muslim by stating that, after all, he did join the Afrocentric, Trinity United Church of Christ, in Chicago about 20 years ago. However, this “unashamedly black” church sounds more like a panAfrican movement than a Christian church and its pastor has strong, long term ties to the Muslim community.
The church’s mission statement states:
We are a congregation which is Unashamedly Black and Unapologetically Christian… Our roots in the Black religious experience and tradition are deep, lasting and permanent. We are an African people, and remain “true to our native land,” the mother continent, the cradle of civilization. God has superintended our pilgrimage through the days of slavery, the days of segregation, and the long night of racism. It is God who gives us the strength and courage to continuously address injustice as a people, and as a congregation. We constantly affirm our trust in God through cultural expression of a Black worship service and ministries which address the Black Community.
Ok! So … where are the goodwill, ministry, and brotherhood toward all mankind? The church’s mission statement sounds more like a mission statement for the black panthers, or the Nation of Islam.
Black Power? Black Theology? Liberation theology?
This might make left-wing liberal democrats smile and nod, but it’s not going to fit the image Obama is trying to project to Joe American or support his message. It begs the question of whether or not they are “normal Christians,” or are they radical activistss … who separate themselves from America.
It is interesting to me that the activist pastor of this church, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Jr., stated in an interview with the New York Times that was published on March 6, 2007 that:
“When his (Obama’s) enemies find out that in 1984 I went to Tripoli” with Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan to visit Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi, “a lot of his Jewish support will dry up quicker than a snowball in hell.”
Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, recently praised Obama as “the hope of the entire world” who is “capturing audiences of black and brown and red and yellow.”
For some reason … “white” was left out… why?
Maybe it is because Farrakhan has called whites “blue-eyed devils” and the “anti-Christ.” He has also described Jews as “bloodsuckers” who control the government, the media, and some black organizations.
Tim Russert, of MSNBC, asked Barack Obama, “Do you accept the support of Louis Farrakhan?”
Obama might have said, “No.”
But instead, he seemed to go out of his way to denounce some of Farrakhan’s statements while not taking on Farrakhan himself (and even using Farrakhan’s preferred honorific in the process). “You know, I have been very clear in my denunciation of Minister Farrakhan’s anti-Semitic comments,” Obama said. “I think that they are unacceptable and reprehensible. I did not solicit this support. He expressed pride in an African-American who seems to be bringing the country together. I obviously can’t censor him, but it is not support that I sought. And we’re not doing anything, I assure you, formally or informally, with Minister Farrakhan.”
What about Farrakhan’s anti-white comments?
Barrack Obama’s wife, Michelle, has said on national television, “For the first time in my adult life, I am really proud of my country.”
This is despite the fact that America has given more to aids prevention in Africa than any other nation, and recently President Bush has announced an additional $674 million from the United States for emergency relief in Africa:
- An estimated $250 million for food aid from the Emerson Humanitarian Trust;
- $240 million for food aid from the emergency supplemental; and
- $184 million for emergency humanitarian assistance from the emergency supplemental.
Of course, the Obama campaign has tried to deflect criticism of Michelle’s comments with the usual political spin, but it rings hollow when you look at the track record of this couple.
Barack Obama’s speeches are certainly eloquent, but they are mostly collections of generalities, offering little in the way of of substance. His book, Audacity Of Hope, has the same vague content as his speeches.
Obama’s website has more in-depth explanations of his plans and solutions to the issues facing our country. You can link to his website here. I suggest that everyone who is considering voting for Barack Obama should carefully read his entire website.
His website confirms what most thinking Americans already know … that Barack Obama is a big government, big brother, liberal … who would greatly increase the size and scope of government, dramatically increase spending, and implement all kinds of new government programs and regulations. If you think I’m exaggerating the least little bit, take a look for yourself . Following are some of the ideas and solutions Barack Obama has in mind for America:
Invest, Provide, Increase funding, Create a fund, Create a program, Assistance, Incentives, Increase, Cash prizes, Subsidies, Reimburse. These are positive, innocuous sounding terms … who would argue against investing, assistance, incentives, and reimbursements? But the left-wing liberal understanding of these terms is different from that of the typical American … and the question is … how will all these “positive ideas” be funded?
Be afraid. Be very afraid.
Obama’s proposed government spending increases:
- Invest in America’s highly-skilled manufacturing workforce and manufacturing centers to ensure that American workers have the skills and tools they need…
- Provide assistance to the domestic auto industry to ensure that new fuel-efficient vehicles are built by American workers.
- Increase funding for federal workforce training programs and direct these programs to incorporate green technologies training
- Create an energy-focused youth jobs program to invest in disconnected and disadvantaged youth.
- Invest in rural small businesses and fight to expand high-speed Internet access. He will improve rural schools and attract more doctors to rural areas.
- Create a fund to help people refinance their mortgages and provide comprehensive supports to innocent homeowners.
- Provide a $1.5 billion fund to assist states with start-up costs and to help states offset the costs for employees and employers (for expanded family paid work leave).
- Double funding for the main federal support for afterschool programs, the 21st Century Learning Centers program.
- Create a program to inform businesses about the benefits of flexible work schedules; help businesses create flexible work opportunities; and increase federal incentives for telecommuting.
- Provide job training, substance abuse and mental health counseling to ex-offenders (criminals), so that they are successfully re-integrated into society
- Create a prison-to-work incentive program to improve ex-offender employment and job retention rates.
- Quadruple Early Head Start, increase Head Start funding
- Provide affordable and high-quality child care to ease the burden on working families.
- Reform NCLB, which starts by funding the law
- Provide funding to school districts to invest in intervention strategies in middle school strategies such as personal academic plans, teaching teams, parent involvement, mentoring, intensive reading and math instruction, and extended learning time (for school dropouts).
- Double funding for the main federal support for afterschool programs, the 21st Century Learning Centers program, to serve one million more children.
- Provide incentives to give teachers paid common planning time so they can collaborate to share best practices.
- Promote new and innovative ways to increase teacher pay that are developed with teachers, not imposed on them.
- Invest $150 billion over 10 years to advance the next generation of biofuels and fuel infrastructure, accelerate the commercialization of plug-in hybrids, promote development of commercial-scale renewable energy, invest in low-emissions coal plants, and begin the transition to a new digital electricity grid.
- Double science and research funding for clean energy projects including those that make use of our biomass, solar and wind resources.
- Create an energy-focused Green Jobs Corps to connect disconnected and disadvantaged youth with job skills for a high-growth industry.
- Establish a federal investment program to help manufacturing centers modernize and Americans learn the new skills they need to produce green products.
- Create a Clean Technologies Venture Capital Fund to fill a critical gap in U.S. technology development. Obama will invest $10 billion per year into this fund for five years.
- Invest federal resources, including tax incentives, cash prizes and government contracts into developing the most promising technologies with the goal of getting the first two billion gallons of cellulosic ethanol into the system by 2013.
- Invest in advanced vehicle technology such as advanced lightweight materials and new engines (to increase fuel mileage standards).
- Pursue a major investment in our utility grid to enable a tremendous increase in renewable generation and accommodate modern energy requirements
- Will create a centralized Internet database of lobbying reports, ethics records, and campaign finance filings in a searchable, sortable and downloadable format.
- Fight for an independent watchdog agency to oversee the investigation of congressional ethics violations so that the public can be assured that ethics complaints will be investigated.
- Create a “contracts and influence” database that will disclose how much federal contractors spend on lobbying, and what contracts they are getting and how well they complete them.
- Devote $50 million for transitional and bridge employment programs for hard-to-employ groups like homeless veterans, children aging out of foster care, and people returning to communities after a time in prison.
- The STOP FRAUD Act criminalizes mortgage fraud, authorizes $10 million more for anti-mortgage fraud programs
- A new national health plan to all Americans, including the self-employed and small businesses, to buy affordable health coverage that is similar to the plan available to members of Congress.
- Subsidies: Individuals and families who do not qualify for Medicaid or SCHIP but still need financial assistance will receive an income-related federal subsidy to buy into the new public plan or purchase a private health care plan.
- Create a National Health Insurance Exchange to help individuals who wish to purchase a private insurance plan.
- Expand eligibility for the Medicaid and SCHIP programs
- Reimburse employer health plans for a portion of the catastrophic costs they incur above a threshold if they guarantee such savings are used to reduce the cost of workers’ premiums.
- Invest $10 billion a year over the next five years to move the U.S. health care system to broad adoption of standards-based electronic health information systems, including electronic health records, and will phase in requirements for full implementation of health IT.
- Strengthen funding for biomedical research
- Provide $37.5 million over 5 years for drinking water systems to upgrade their monitoring and security efforts.
Wow … this is about half of the plans, ideas, and programs Barack Obama has in store for us once he is elected. And … Hillary Clinton stated we couldn’t afford her plans?
As with all left-wing, secular-progressive liberals, Barack Obama sees every single conceivable problem as requiring government intervention, new government programs, and new government funding. That attitude, whether held by tax and spend Democrats, or tax and spend Republicans, is the real reason this country is over $9 trillion in debt and facing enormous unfunded financial liabilities that threaten our future.
This is also the real reason your liberties and freedoms are being slowly eroded and taken from you. Government intervention comes with a hugeprice, and that price is the sacrifice of freedoms.
We simply and absolutely must reverse this trend.
We’ve been following the big government path for a long time know … even under republicans who were supposedly from the ” fiscally conservative … limited government” party, and things have only gotten progressively worse.
Barack Obama doesn’t represent CHANGE anymore than I represent the planet Uranus. What Obama represents is the same old, big brother, big government, tax and spend status quo … albeit with a friendlier face! He may represent a change from President Bush on the War in Iraq, and he is a lot more personable that Hillary Clinton, but the rest is the same old, waste the taxpayer’s money, out-of-control government encroachment that’s been going on for decades.
PLEASE DON’T FALL FOR IT.
Find the candidate who is for limited government and fiscal responsibility, and vote for that person, wherever they are on the political spectrum. The future of your country depends upon it.