According to the out-spoken conservative pundit, Ann Coulter, left-wing, secular-progressive liberals have been on the wrong side of every foreign policy issue from the Cold War fight against communism right up through today’s War on Terror today … and you know what? I think she is right!
Under democratic presidents like Truman, Kennedy, Carter, and Clinton, the United States did pursue policies of appeasement, containment, and surrender … and has often sacrificed American interests and security to placate anti-American interests.
Left-wing, secular-progressive liberals do, in fact, seem to have an extraordinary knack for always taking the anti-American stand … or as Ann Coulter says, a stand “on the side of treason.”
Ronald Reagan despised the idea of containment … he felt that that containment was wrong and simply a cowards way out of standing up for American principles. Reagan believed that containment, while perhaps curtailing communism from spreading much farther, doomed hundreds of thousands of our fellow human beings in the “contained area” controlled by the Soviet Union to lives of hopelessness and despair as slaves of a a military dictatorship masquerading as a communist totalitarian regime. That was why, from day one, President Reagan had the steadfast goal of bringing down the Soviet Union by forcing them into economic ruin via the arms race.
By the way … have you ever seen a communist country that wasn’t, in reality, a military dictatorship hiding behind a communist facade? I haven’t!
Left-Wing Secular-Progressive Liberals Are Not “Just Americans” To …
Left-wing, secular-progressive liberals do not “love” America. They hate it and everything it stands for … individual freedom, limited government, and personal responsibility. They want to turn America into another socialist nightmare patterned after that shining example of European liberalism … France!
The credibility of left-wing liberal democrats in the area of national defense is severely lacking. I mean, after all, their defense strategy is planned by folks like “Hanoi Jane” Fonda, Ed Asner, Susan Sarandon, Casey Casem, Noam Chomsky, Gore Vidal, and noted cop-killer Mumia Abu-Jamal.
By the way, this group is virtually the same group that supported the Soviet Union during the Cold War!
Former president, Jimmy Carter, said “There is no current danger to the United States from Baghdad.” The real threat to world peace and global human rights is President George Bush.
This is the same Jimmy Carter who so ineffectively handled the Iran hostage crisis, who couldn’t land a helicopter in the desert, and who was more concerned with the White House tennis court schedule than important affairs of state. Maybe he was just outraged that the members of al-Qaeda incarcerated at Guantanamo Bay don’t have proper access to regulation tennis courts… I don’t know.
I do know Jimmy Carter felt that, unlike that evil warmongering demon from Hell George Bush, a cold-blooded, murdering, and habitually lying noble statesman like Saddam Hussein … could be reasoned with.
Here is America … engaged in a global, ideologically based war against radical Islamic terrorists bent on our death and destruction … and left-wing progressive liberals like former president Jimmy Carter are offering aid and support to the terrorists and nations who support them!
When President Bush included North Korea in his “axis of evil” with Iraq and Iran, left-wing liberals apologized to the world and announced to all that President Bush was simply a “moron.”
After all, these three countries have nothing in common. USA Today, a bulwark for the profound and intelligent reporting of pertinent news, was quick to point out that “Koreans don’t even look like Iranians” (see example below).
Talk about morons! America is at war with radical terrorists bent on bombing us off the face of the planet and slitting the throats of our reporters and peace volunteers on world television, Iran is supporting them and actively pursuing a nuclear arsenal, North Korea , the pillar of liberal democracy that it is, is testing nuclear weapons … and the left-wing, secular-progressive liberals’ answer is to play word games.
- Madeleine Albright, Bill Clinton’s secretary of state, said “We know that Korea is dangerous, but lumping those three countries together is dangerous.
- Jimmy Carter chimed in with the brilliant statement that the term, “axis of evil,” is “overly simplistic and counterproductive.”
- Robert Scheer wrote in the Los Angeles Times that “no such axis exists.”
The “Axis of Appeasement” … when faced with danger from three rogue nations who are wreaking havoc in the civilized world and actively seeking nuclear arms … chooses to engage in “semantic nit-picking.”
Racial Profiling … You bet!
Our left-wing secular-progressive liberal friends also tell us it is wrong to “racially profile” young Arab males… and look for radical Islamic terrorists at our international airports. We must also search the 99-year-old white lady in her wheelchair in order to be “fair” … or at least politically correct!
What kind of idiotic nonsense is that?
To be fair, not all followers of Islam are terrorists … but … 99% of the terrorists trying to bomb us out of existence are followers of Islam.
Let’s review …
- On September 11, 2001, more than three thousand Americans were murdered in a brutal terrorist attack on U.S. soil by radical radical Islamic extremists.
- In October 2000, our warship the USS Cole was attacked by radical Islamic extremists.
- In 1998, the U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by radical Islamic extremists.
- In 1996, a U.S. Air Force housing complex in Saudi Arabia was bombed by radical Islamic extremists.
- In 1995, five Americans were killed by a car bomb set off by radical Islamic extremists.
- In 1993, the World Trade center was bombed by radical Islamic extremists.
- In 1988, a passenger jet, Pan Am Flight 103, was bombed by radical Islamic extremists.
- In 1986, a West Berlin discotheque frequented by American servicemen was bombed by radical Islamic extremists.
- In 1985, an Italian cruise ship, the Achille Lauro, was seized by radical Islamic extremists and a sixty-nine-year-old American was killed.
- In 1983, the U.S. Marine barracks in Beirut were blown up by radical Islamic extremists.
- In 1982, the U.S. embassy in Beirut was bombed by radical Islamic extremists.
- In 1979, the U.S. embassy in Iran was stormed by radical Islamic extremists and the American embassy staff was held hostage for 444 days.
I may not be a rocket scientist, or even Ann Coulter, but in 20 years of continual attacks on America by radical Islamic extremists, even I can find the common thread here. It seems to me that … in every one of these attacks by radical Islamic extremists … there are definitely one or more radical Islamic extremists involved!
So, of course, it makes total sense to not allow American law enforcement officials to look for radical Islamic extremists …
The Left-Wing Secular-Liberal Liberal God Complex
What is the basic difference between conservatives and secular-progressive liberals? Conservatives believe that man was created in God’s image …. and secular-progressive liberals claim that God is a fairy tale. This claim then allows them to pretend to be Gods.
This left-wing, secular-progressive liberal God complex does seem to explain why they feel free to murder unborn children, forcibly create their version of equality through programs like affirmative action and wealth redistribution … while remaining untouched by it all in their wealthy elitist liberal enclaves.
It explains why they feel noble about spreading pornography throughout our nation’s schools in the form of mandatory sex education classes where 8-year-olds learn the proper method of placing condoms on a bananas and how to get abortions without their parents consent.
It also explains why an activist liberal judge can sentence a pedophile who molested a young girl continuously over a period of 11 years to six weeks of counseling …
- and why the ACLU can justify defending an organization like NAMBLA, that promotes men kidnapping and seducing young boys …
- while they sue the city of San Francisco to kick the Boy Scouts out of Balboa Park.
Maybe the $950,000 in attorney’s fees and court costs the ACLU fleeced from hard-working American taxpayers during the “Boy Scout” case helped to ease their collective conscience. You think?
Perhaps this is also why they revere the U.N. so … instead of their own country. After all, the U.N is not founded on Judeo-Christian principles like America is. Instead, the U.N. is simply a corrupt, non-judgmental … and horribly incompetent … liberal institution. Hmmmm …. I think I see a correlation forming in my mind!
Left-wing, secular-progressive liberals aren’t Americans … they are simply God wannabes! They thirst for political power, for money, and for an America that will no longer be able to judge them for their obscene aristocratic lifestyles. Hey … that sounds just like Monica Lewinsky’s ex-boyfriend’s wife …
It is very hard for true Americans to understand their positions and that is also why true Americans, thankfully, are slowly learning to distrust them more and more!
Since left-wing, secular-progressive liberals defend the rights of Islamic fanatics, adulterers, pornographers, abortionists, criminals, and communists … it would simply be counterproductive to their goals to admit that God exists … since that would force them into an indefensible position when they argue their various causes.
Progressive liberals work hard … striving for the day when the pedophiles who sodomize young boys and rape young girls are more acceptable in society than the Christian … whose horrific crime of going to Church once or twice a week, having moral standards of conduct, and trying to celebrate Christmas … earns the death sentence.
- Jimmy Carter Redux (papundits.wordpress.com)
- A disastrous summer for the White House. Is Barack Obama now the most unpopular US president since Jimmy Carter? (blogs.telegraph.co.uk)
- Rachel Maddow Interviews Jimmy Carter About the Current GOP and Its Reagan Worship: VIDEO (towleroad.com)